Coloring page crayons mark printable coloring pages, favorite leather purses, fine Egyptian linen, your walls, plus grandpa's comfy chair. (Yeah, kid, Ma and Pa know it was you who went color page crazy!)
Try seven free coloring crayon stain removing tips to clean up most materials. Some crayon stain remover techniques work on two or more types of material. Your first choice does not clean off color crayon wax well? –Try another kid – Oh! Uh! – Tip! Always test in a hidden area of the material to check for quality and ease of crayon wax stain clean-up:
1. Ironing to remove coloring crayon stains
2. WD-40 to remove coloring crayon stains
3. Scraping to remove coloring crayon stains
4. Dishwashing Liquid to remove coloring crayon stains
5. Retail Stain Remover to remove coloring crayon stains
6. Water to remove coloring crayon stains
7. Baking Soda to remove coloring crayon stains
1. Ironing to remove coloring crayon stains:
o Cloth – Scrape any excess. Place the stain between two pieces of white paper towel or blotting paper. Press gently with a warm iron. Change the papers as the crayon is soaked up.
o Colorfast white cotton or linen – Pour boiling water through the stain. Let fabric dry. Use dry cleaning fluid for crayon trace remains. Rinse with water. Dry.
2. WD-40 to remove crayon stains:
o Cloth – Spray WD-40 on both sides of the crayon stain. Wait 3-5 minutes. Rinse.
o Walls – Spray WD-40 on crayon stain. Wait 3-5 minutes. Rinse.
o Clothes Dryer – Spray WD-40 on a damp cloth rag. Do NOT spray directly into your dryer. Wipe off crayon marks in the dryer. Rinse the cloth rag. Wipe the drum with the rinsed rag. Run dry, old rags in the dryer until the entire crayon is gone. Gas dryers – leave the door open for one day before regular use.
o Carpet – Scrape off crayon. Spray WD-40. Wait 3-5 minutes. Brush and loosen crayon. Wipe with a terry cloth. Apply dishwashing liquid. Wipe with clean terry cloth. Use a damp sponge to rinse. Air dry.
o Wood Flooring, Paneling and Other Wood Surfaces -Test WD-40 on a hidden part of the wood for colorfastness. Spray over the stained area. Wipe the area clean with a clean and dry terry cloth. Repeat as needed. Use a sponge in a circular rub to work dishwashing liquid into the wood. Rinse off with a little water. Dry with a clean terry cloth.
o Tile – Test WD-40 on a hidden part of the tile for colorfastness. Spray WD-40 to crayon mark. Take a clean terry cloth. Remove the mark. Repeat. Remove the WD-40 with dishwashing liquid and a sponge. Use a circular rub. Rinse with water. Dry with clean terry cloth.
3. Scraping to remove crayon stains:
o Linoleum, Cork, Asphalt, Vinyl – Use metal spatula. Scrape gently.
o Silver – Use your fingernail, soft plastic or rubber spatula. Apply hot soapy water. Rinse silver in hot water. Wipe dry.
o Hard surfaces: metals, glass, plastic, stone, – Wipe with dishwashing liquid and sponge. Rinse. Wipe dry.
o Leather, Suede – scrape with a fingernail or dull knife. Apply a paste of fullers earth and water to the crayon mark. Let dry. Brush off. Repeat as needed. Use a leather conditioner for the leather.
4. Dishwashing Liquid to remove crayon stains:
- Cloth – Rub stained area with a clean cloth until removed.
5. Retail Stain Remover to remove crayon stains:
- Cloth – Spray or rub onto the crayon stain. Wait 3-5 minutes. Follow any other retail stain remover instructions.
6. Water to remove crayon stains:
- Cloth – Wash in the hottest water that is safe for the fabric.
7. Baking Soda to remove crayon stains :
- Hard Surfaces – Make a past with baking soda and water. Apply to crayon marks.Kids coloring page artistic expressions should flow freely. Neatly is good, too!
Crayon marks are easy to remove. Test the methods. Good tip: use butcher or kraft paper play surface. Coloring freely or neatly – Keep the seven free coloring page crayon stain removal tips on hand! Permission is granted to reprint this article "Free Coloring Page Crayon Stain Removal Tips". Use it for your website, class, home school, church or library with the http://www.coloring-pages-book-for-kids-boys.com/Cars-Coloring.html links and credits intact. Get more free Coloring Page articles, too. No permission is granted to edit, alter or sell the articles.